New V2.47 OpSys
By Dion Weston
Friday, July 03, 2020
25 years after Dave Nadler designed the core hardware, and 23+ years after Rudy Mozer received the first unit (now in Steve's museum), the SN10 is still undergoing active development. A new firmware release v2.47 has just been released.
The new (V2.47) firmware can be downloaded via the SN10 Support page on this site.
PS: Please note, contrary to the release notes below, John Leibacher hasn't yet got all the NDB files on the WWTPX rebuilt to include correct MOA classification. He's been extremely busy and hopes to get to it shortly. Thanks again to John for all his efforts!
Version V2.47 features the following key additions:
Notable features of version 2.47 (20-June-2020): ***********************
- Improved airspace warnings:
- New: Option to suppress MOA display on map and MOA airspace warnings.
May require rebuild of your NDB files with updated AIRPAR32.
John Leibacher has rebuilt NDB's on WWTPX, thanks John!
- Warns if your track is very close but parallel to airspace boundary
- Nuisance warnings greatly reduced
- Warnings now include time-til-airspace-boundary, for example:
!! Airspace !!
!! Warning !!
SALT LAKE CI
in :01:23 1.7sm
Alt:10500 ft MSL
to 12000 ft MSL
ENTER for map...
- Better special character handling in point/airspace names (U-umlaut..)
- AirPar32: special characters in airspace names, treat TYPE=MATZ as MOA
- DBC32: Add -u option to check for airspaces with unknown type
- Demonstration program improvements:
- In NDB airspace window, click on point to show enclosing airspaces
- Add option to list all airspaces of unknown type (help debug your NDB)
- Proper text scaling for high-DPI displays
- USB adapter firmware update (place ILECUSBA.HEX on stick, power on SN10)
- better special character support and error checking
- supports exFAT formatted sticks (except for loading new USB firmware)
- Adds LFN support (but NDB names must be unique first 8-chars)
- Lynn Alley + John Leibacher linux/website NDB support (thanks guys!):
- Linux64 versions of airparse and dbc
- dbc now returns positive-valued error codes (formerly DOS negative)
- Bugfix: SN10 IGC-format log minor formatting error (broken in 2.46)
- Internal updates to support SN10C
More detail on previous operating system revisions can be found on the Software Revision Updates listing page.
Dave has been issuing updates for the instrument roughly every year, sometimes twice a year, usually during the US soaring season. Details of the updating process can be found within the help section of his website.